These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, GBOB and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
• republish material from this website (including republication on another website) without citing GBOB as the source of material;
• sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
• show restricted material from the website in public;
• reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
• redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. GBOB reserves the right to restrict access to some areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at GBOB’s discretion.
If GBOB provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
GBOB may disable your user ID and password in GBOB’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
No person can claim a right to registration in this website.
Each applicant for user status must complete the registration form by entering his current personal data truthfully.
Users must give immediate notice of any changes affecting their personal registration data. In cases where it transpires that Users have falsified personal data or have registered an incorrect address, GBOB reserves the right to exclude them from access and to delete content used by or addressed to them.
Each User bears sole personal responsibility for confidentiality of his login name and password. Each User bears sole personal responsibility vis-à-vis both GBOB and all third parties for all activities occurring under his login name.
Users must inform GBOB immediately of any unauthorized use of their access data or of any failure on their part to comply with data protection regulations. This information can be sent at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org
Users can terminate their registration at any time without stating reasons.
The user undertakes to make all due allowance for generally recognized principles for data protection and data security and to comply with all obligations in connection with data protection.
The User hereby grants his consent to GBOB use and storage of personal data disclosed by him either in the registration process or obtained from its server’s protocol files within the GBOB website and for the purpose of communication of offers. All such data will be collected, processed and used in according with legal regulations. GBOB reserves the right to use these data for the purpose of giving the User information on new products and services and/or on changes and other news from our publishing operation. By sending us inquiries on our products and services, the User automatically grants his consent to use of his personal data in this form. Data thus collected will in no case be sold or otherwise transmitted to third parties without the User’s prior consent.
GBOB reserves the right to monitor a User’s activities for the following reasons:
- to fulfill its legal obligations, to ensure legal protection of other users,
- to ensure compliance with these conditions for use,
- to defend and protect GBOB’s own rights,
- to repair any technical defects or problems affecting the Features.
GBOB is entitled to communicate certain user data, which shall not allow the identification of the User, to third parties – including clients taking advertising space in its publications – for demographic purposes. GBOB shall also be entitled to use these data itself for statistical purposes and for identification of trends.
GBOB attaches great importance to retaining the trust of its Users. Consequently, we wish to give Users the opportunity to question us at any time on our use of their personal data. Users wishing to ask questions on use of their personal data or having doubts on our compliance with data protection regulations, and also any user seeking deletion of his personal data can send his request at any time to the following address: email@example.com
User Copyright and Licensing
The copyright of any User-submitted content shall remain with the User or the Copyright Owner, and nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as an assignment of copyright ownership to GBOB and its Partners / Subsidiaries. GBOB does not claim ownership of Content which User submits or makes available for inclusion at GBOB.com, its Video Channels, Social Media Channels, and GBOB Events.
However, User agrees to grant, with respect to Content he/she submits or makes available for inclusion at publicly accessible areas of GBOB.com, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to publicly display such Content in GBOB.com, in its official Online Video Channels, Social Media Channels, and GBOB Events. This license exists only for as long as User elects to allow GBOB to include such Content on the website and will terminate at the time either GBOB or User (upon request) removes such Content from the website.
GBOB Online Community Features should be used solely for the purpose of tolerant, constructive, objective exchange of opinions on scientific subjects and attitudes.
All users undertake to treat other users with respect and to refrain from attacking, provoking, threatening, annoying, insulting, offending or disconcerting them in any other way whatsoever.
Each User undertakes to act in a fair and trustworthy way and, in particular, to refrain from culpably deceiving or damaging other users, for example, by claiming to be an employee or representative of GBOB for the purpose of obtaining personal information on other users.
Each User undertakes to comply with the regulations on protection of minors.
Users are prohibited from engaging in activities aimed at sabotaging or otherwise interferihong with GBOB Features and, in particular, from taking any action capable of affecting the physical or electronic structure of the Features.
Users of GBOB Features undertake not to publish, transmit or upload any content and/or contributions/statements which are defamatory, slanderous, morally offensive, obscene, pornographic, glorify the use of violence, are of an insulting or discriminatory nature, are known to be untrue or otherwise constitute a criminal offence.
This applies in particular to:
- racist content
- defamatory or insulting statements
- grossly offensive content
- propaganda for unconstitutional, extremist organizations or political groups
- incitement to hatred or violence by dissemination of material published by unconstitutional organizations
- content inciting or inducing others to commit a criminal offence
- dissemination of content glorifying or condoning violence
- dissemination of content glorifying or condoning war
- dissemination of pornographic content, including, in particular, child pornography, sexual acts involving human beings and animals, and images of primary sexual organs insults, calumny and slander
- prohibited communications relating to in camera legal proceedings
- any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- dissemination of written material which is morally harmful to minors or content unsuitable for children and minors. This includes content accessible via links set up by Users.
- The use of offensive content, ambiguous definitions and other presentations bordering on illegality is also prohibited.
- Users are not permitted to publish content which contains language and forms of expression which contravene generally accepted standards of decency and professional behavior, constitutes incitement to actions which could adversely affect the well-being or safety of others, is classifiable in the category of so-called spam, in particular when this takes the form of regularly repeated publications with identical or similar content, does not relate to a subject under discussion, contains non-functioning links, in particular, links causing error reports.
- Users are not permitted to input content relating to surveys or chain letters.
- Users are not permitted to publish, transmit or upload content or statements, for which they do not possess the necessary rights (copyrights or other intellectual property rights), or which infringe such rights held by third parties, in particular, patents, copyrights, rights attaching to trademarks and other distinguishing marks, and other rights.
- Content generated by a User can be published elsewhere by that User himself.
- Users are not permitted to input content or files which would unnecessarily delay loading time on the website, for example, images, films or large data files.
Images transmitted by Users must not contain any corporate logos.
- Prior to inputting any content into the Features, each user must verify its freedom from viruses with an up-to-date anti-virus program. Users also undertake not to input any content containing viruses or other computer programs capable of impairing the functioning of other computers or which allow unauthorized third parties access to the GBOB website or to the Features contained in it.
- User must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- User must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without GBOB’s express written consent.
- Users further undertake not to input content disguised as reports, which is actually advertising their products or services, or content disguised as reports, which consists solely of lists of products or services not belonging to De Gruyter.
- Publication of user-generated content or contributions is a voluntary service provided by the publisher De Gruyter. We reserve the right to exclude or delete such content and contributions at any time.
- User must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- User must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without GBOB’s express written consent.
GBOB reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on GBOB’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website if it violates the policies stated above.
Notwithstanding GBOB’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, GBOB does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
GBOB gives no guarantee the personal data communicated to it by a User corresponds to the actual identity of that User.
GBOB accepts no liability whatsoever for content generated by its Users or for the activities of its Users. These cannot be attributed to GBOB, nor do they represent GBOB’s opinion. This disclaimer also applies to links set up by Users on pages within the GBOB website.
Users have no claim to uninterrupted availability and correct functioning of either the platform or the Features, or to uninterrupted availability on the website pages of material installed on the server and/or to absence of errors in that material. Users also have no claim to absence of viruses or other toxic programs.
The links contained on the GBOB website are not under GBOBs control. GBOB disclaims all responsibility either for the contents of these links or for the contents of the websites that can be reached through them.
GBOB’s liability is limited to damage or loss resulting from deliberate act or gross negligence committed by GBOB and/or its vicarious agents or representatives. Liability for damage or loss caused by its minor negligence will only be recognized in cases where fundamental contractual obligations have been breached.
GBOB disclaims all liability for indirect loss or damage, in particular consequential loss resulting from defects, unforeseeable or atypical losses and loss of profits, in cases attributable to acts of minor negligence committed by it or its vicarious agents and representatives.
The provisions contained in the foregoing paragraphs of this clause cover all contractual and non-contractual claims resulting from this contract or from use of the GBOB website.
In any case the liability under the product liability law remains unaffected.
User-generated content is uploaded to and stored on the operator’s server at a memory location specifically allocated to that user. The operator is entitled to stipulate the storage conditions. In particular, the amount of storage capacity and the duration of storage of user-generated content are limited. If the storage capacity available to any individual User is exceeded, it will be impossible to store any further content. The provider is also entitled to delete content without prior notice in cases where the storage period has expired.
All Users of the GBOB website and of the Features bear sole and exclusive responsibility for content and contributions input by them and for activities undertaken by them. The publisher does not audit user-generated content or other user input prior to its publication in the Internet.
All Users bear sole and exclusive responsibility for creation of backup copies of content input by them. This also includes the software used by them. GBOB accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss of data.
GBOB is entitled to cancel User registrations at any time without stating reasons. Any such cancellation terminates the user’s right to use the services provided by the platform. The publisher can serve notice of cancellation either by letter, by fax or by E mail.
GBOB is also entitled to delete individual user-generated contributions of parts thereof at any time and at its sole discretion. This applies, in particular, in cases where a user has committed a violation of these conditions for use. In any such case, GBOB, when becoming aware of the violation, is entitled and obliged on grounds of its legal responsibility to exclude the user, cancel his registration and to delete content used by or addressed to him. GBOB is under no obligation to give Users advance warning of deletion of content generated by them.
GBOB is also entitled to amend these Conditions for Use of Community Features at any time. Users will be informed of any such amendment by publication of the updated conditions on this website. Users are personally responsible for acquainting themselves with the updated conditions. A user’s continued use of GBOB Features after update of the conditions for use shall constitute his acceptance of the updated conditions. Should any user contest the updated conditions for use, GBOB shall be entitled to exercise its rights as set out in this clause.
GBOB reserves the right to modify the Features at any time. This also includes the right to levy a charge for use of the Features or to discontinue them completely.
GBOB is under no obligation to verify accuracy, completeness or legality of user-generated contributions, in particular, of contributions posted in the Community Section.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. GBOB makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, GBOB does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
- Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, GBOB has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against GBOB’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect GBOB’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as GBOB.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
User hereby indemnify GBOB and undertake to keep GBOB indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by GBOB to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of GBOB’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by GBOB arising out of any breach by User of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that User has breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to GBOB’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, GBOB may take such action as GBOB deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
GBOB may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
GBOB may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with GBOB’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and GBOB in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Norwegian Law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Norway.
Conclusion of this contract or use of GBOB services and offers does not in any way constitute formation of a joint venture or partnership, or creation of an employer-employee relationship of an agency relationship between GBOB and the individual user.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this website is the property of GBOB and/or its subsidiary companies, branches and legal successors.
Should any of the individual provisions contained in these conditions for use prove or subsequently become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In the event of invalidity of any provision the parties to this contract will agree a legally valid alternative provision corresponding as closely as possible in commercial terms to the original invalid provision. The same shall apply in the event of subsequent discovery of any omission from the contract.